Blog Archive

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Halloween in California

Well, the palm tree leaves have yet to turn and drop, but I guess it's still fall in San Francisco.  Since the weather isn't helping us out much, Chris and I have been trying to find ways to feel fally: hiking, drinking apple cider, burning pumpkin spice candles, etc.  On Halloween we had my Godbrother, Kevin, over for dinner and pumpkin carving.


While Kevin's warty pumpkin looked cool, it had this crazy thick layer that made it quite difficult to carve.  So, we decided to not break any more knives and just use that pumpkin for its seeds.


I carved my pumpkin earlier in the week for the pumpkin contest at work (second place - woohoo!).  So, instead of carving, I made an apple pie with pumpkins on it.




Sadly, we did not have any trick-or-treaters in our apartment building (hey, more candy for us!).  But we enjoyed a good dinner and good company. 


We are really looking forward to the next few weeks.  Christopher has the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so he is excited about having time to catch up on work and rest.  Kevin's parents, my Godparents, are flying in from Chicago to visit him next week.  We are planning to all go into San Francisco together on Saturday.  Christopher's sister, Hope, will be flying up from San Diego for Thanksgiving.  Kevin and his fiancée, Leslie, will also be joining us for dinner.  So, I'm very excited to spend time with lots of people who I love in the near future!  I'll be sure to post pictures of our outing and Thanksgiving feast!

1 comment:

  1. Mae, the cooking channel is paying off- that pie is impressive!

    ReplyDelete