Blog Archive

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Field Trip to San Francisco

We spent a lovely day in the City with my Goparents and their son, Kevin.  Here are some pictures from the trip ( I let Chris write the captions...I apologize for the corny jokes...)

Normally you only have to go to the locker room sock drawer to find this stuff, but San Francisco has a specialty store!

A picture is about the closest we'll get to eating one of these!





HuuuuUWaaaHHhhhh??????



The peanut butter duck is especially good with quakers  (Mae thinks it says puck.)



Pretty sure that crab is puckering...  (not surprised that he found a mate in my wife!  Just kidding, Mae)

Testing out the full spectrum of olive oil.


Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

I've never seen a vegetarian so happy about "Tasty Salted Pig Parts"   

Tasty salted pig parts!

Say cheese!   ...This is a gouda picture. 


Best bread in the world!
Brad gave us a great overview of the bread-making process.



Officially the best baguette Mae and I have ever had!
Kevin was our professional photographer for the day.  He has an incredible camera and a great eye!

I like to think that Brad is using the front facing camera in this one - getting a picture
of his head it he flowers.  But really he was just checking his servers while doing some yoga.




"The pointy building"
My sweet dumpling.
I think this picture was taken in China town, but I can't remember.

Home of the $3.99  folding bag, where the wrinkles in the bag are a feature, not a bug!

The Western Bakery is on the other side of town I guess.

Before lunch, we took a trip to Clarion, a wonderful musical instrument store!   Here's Kathy trying out a Koto.

These boxes made beautiful tones.

Mbiras

Mae just can't seem to escape the noise, no matter how hard she tries!   

21st century dinner conversation.

New and old
City Lights!

In the basement of city lights. It took us awhile to figure out how to exit.  I hate how this
thing tells you what it is but doesn't provide instructions.
On the way up to Coit tower!

You can't see it, but Mae and I are on a catwalk in this photo.   

From Coit Tower's bottom observation deck.  The rest of the tower was
unfortunately closed because of a broken elevator.

San Francisco :) 

Walking through the gardens on the way down from Coit Tower 
Up or down?    

We made it to the the bottom!

Thanksgiving photos coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment