Blog Archive

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas in PA 2011!

Christopher left a week before Christmas to spend time with his family in PA and demo a project in New York City.  Here are a few photos from his trip!


I have been composing music for a sound walk through the New York Public Library.  Unfortunately, the library was closed when we visited, so I snapped this shot outside.

Beautiful building!

My collaborators at NYU  put together this beautiful interactive sculpture, which allowed
visitors to dynamically mix my sound materials based on their position in the space. It was a special
experience to be able to demo my work at NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program -
when I was applying to Master's programs, I had to make the tough decision between CCRMA
and ITP.  It has been great to stay connected to NYU through this project!

A shot of the sensor data and a visitor enjoying the sculpture.

My collaborator, Carlin, and me at the end of the demo.
Missing from the shot - interaction designer Kevin Bleich.

We visited my grandparents in Williamsport.  This is a shot of Grandpa Jacobs' s organ.
I have great memories of Grandpa playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for us back
in the day!

Competing for Hershey kisses!  

A familiar sight!

Grandma Jacobs

Grandpa Jacobs

Grandma Carlson

Working through the day's mail!




Grandma and Grandpa gave us two of their Hummel figurines for Christmas.

One of my favorite Christmas decorations!  The sleigh flies around the
house while Christmas carols play on a music box inside.

Mom and hope getting ready for a little gift exchanging!!!!!

We had a mini Christmas exchange ahead of Christmas since I was heading
down to Virginia to be with Mae's family.



Dessert time!!!!

Pappas - our favorite "greasy spoon" in downtown Danville!

Downtown Danville


One of my favorite places in the big D.



No comments:

Post a Comment