Blog Archive

Monday, December 20, 2010

Grace Cathedral

While Christopher was in Pennsylvania visiting his family, I made some plans to go into San Francisco with a gal from my Bible study.  Amy has a friend who is a docent at Grace Cathedral, so we headed up to Nob Hill to see the church.  Unfortunately, we were a little late and her friend had already left and the Cathedral was closed.  Thankfully, a fellow at the church took pity on us and gave us the 10 cent tour.  We'll have to go back another day to get the full show, but at least we got to go inside for a minute.




People walking the Labyrinth outside of the Cathedral 

A slightly less spiritual exercise - Amy doing a high school cheer outside of the Cathedral...

After our Cathedral tour Amy and I walked allll around the city.  We snuck up to Top of the Mark to take in the amazing view.  We got dirty looks from the real housewives of San Francisco so we didn't stick around there too long.  We walked over to the Civic Center where we saw a giant statue.  I can't remember any of the details about the piece, so you'll have to google it if you are interested.

Civic Center (where everybody meet to celebrate the Giants winning the World Series)




We made our way over to The Haight  and took in the quirky shops.  Chris was so jealous when he heard I was in record stores and crazy sneaker stores without him!  We eventually ended up in the Mission .  Amy took me to the top of Dolores park to see another view of the city.  It was night (and quite foggy) and I am a terrible photographer, so this is the best picture I got.  


We got a bite to eat and then saw a Christmas play at Amy's church.  So, it was certainly a full day.  My legs and feet are still sore from all the walking!

Christopher comes home tonight, so I am very excited!  We might stay up and watch the lunar eclipse over at Stanford, but I'm not sure the clouds are going to cooperate.  I'm also not sure if I can stay up that late.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment